Capture the Wild Photo Contest
07/01/2018 - 07/31/2018
No location provided
Submit your best photos of your favorite OKC ZOO animals! All photos will be categorized and judged in three divisions and winning photos will be used in the 2018 ZOOfriends calendar.
Youth I (through age 10)
Youth II ( ages 11-18)
Categories (for adult division only):
Aquarium, Reptiles & Amphibians
Birds & Landscape
Rules of Participation:
- 1. Photos must be taken at the Oklahoma City Zoo.
- 2. All photos will become the property of the Oklahoma Zoological Society for publication, promotion and reproduction.
- 3. Entries submitted by Zoo and OZS employees are eligible for a separately judged photo contest.
- 4. Entries must be received between July 1 and July 31, 2018. Late entries will not be accepted.
- 5. All photos need to be submitted online. CDs and hard copies of photos will not be accepted.
- 6. All photos should be submitted as 8.5x11 or 2550 x 3300 pixels.
- 7. Please save and submit photos as Last Name_First Name_Entry 1, etc.
- 8. Photos should be high resolution (300 DPI is preferred) and submitted as JPEG files. Please note photos taken with a cell phone usually do not meet size and resolution requirements.
- 9. Photos that have been altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Acceptable adjustments include adjustments to color; contrast, brightness and sharpness; cropping; black and white conversions and removal of dust and scratches. The use of HDR; photo composites; the addition, duplication, deletion or moving of objects in the photos; or the use of artificial digital filters and effects is prohibited.
- 10. Four (4) total entries accepted per photographer. Multiple photos may be entered in a single category, but no more than 4 photos total can be entered in contest. If more than 4 photos total are submitted, the first 4 submitted will be entered.
- 11. Youth divisions are not judged by category. All submissions will be judged as one division.
All photos may be viewed on the ZOOfriends Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/OKCZoofriends) beginning August 15, 2018. Winners will be notified by email no later than August 20, 2018 and can pick up prizes in the ZOOfriends membership office.