Creatures & Cocktails
10/20/2017, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
OKC Zoo map
A frighteningly fun Halloween Party! Come celebrate with Ghouls and Goblins at the Oklahoma City Zoo. This Spook-tacular event presented by the Oklahoma Zoological Society and Oklahoma Gazette includes drinks, food, games, costume contest, a “killer” DJ, and tours of our haunted Herpetarium!
*Must be 21 to attend.
Date: Friday, October 20, 2017
Time: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Location: Oklahoma City Zoo
Cause: Net proceeds from Creatures and Cocktails will go toward the OKC Zoo's conservation initiatives.
Tickets: Tickets are $45.00 per person and include two drink tickets and food. (Additional drink tickets can be purchased for $5 per drink or $3 per beer during event.) The first 500 tickets purchased will also get a free shirt from Oklahoma Shirt Company. Designated Driver Tickets are available for $15.00 per person.
We’re so excited to see all our guests dressed to impress in their costumes at Creatures & Cocktails! Our costume contest will consist of 3 categories: Group, Pairs, and Individual.
Participation and Rules for Costume Contest:
Each contestant will be given an entry number at check in and should have already pre-registered online. However, you may register under at the event. You must compete in the category you select at registration. Contestants must check in within 10 minutes of the competition start time.
8:30 pm – Group Costumes $20/per group
9:00 pm – Pairs $10/per pair
9:30 pm – Individual $5/ per individual
Selecting the winners: One winner/group will be chosen from each category and will receive a $50 Zoo gift card for each category winner (i.e. one for the single, 2 for the pair, and up to 6 for the group) AND the grand prize winner out of all three categories will win a special Christmas at Gaylord Texan package. The package includes a two night room accommodation for up to four (one room), tickets to ICE!, breakfast one morning and all applicable taxes and a complimentary resort fee. The package is valid November 11-December 30, 2017 and is based on availability.
COSTUME CONTEST RULES
- You must have purchased admission to Creatures & Cocktails.
- There are three categories you may choose to compete in: Best Group Costume, Best Pairs Costume, and Best Individual Costume.
- Each Individual may only enter one category. You may enter as a group entry, but you may not participate in multiple groups. The group limit is six, and no more than six people will be allowed on the stage at a time.
- Lineup will occur at 8:30pm. Please be aware that entrants who fail to show up on time will not be judged.
- Props will be allowed on stage, but please do not swing them around in a careless or dangerous manner. Your prop could potentially harm someone on stage or in the audience, and no one wants that to happen.
- No hazardous materials or any materials that will involve clean up or damage will be allowed. This includes any liquids, confetti, silly string, etc.
- All awards will be presented at the Judges’ discretion.
Register for Costume Contest
Pumpkin Pull – Wine Pull Rules
“Pick a pumpkin and WIN at our pumpkin wine pull!” Our Pumpkin pull will be $10.00 per pull. Guests may pay with cash or credit at the event. Each person who purchases a wine pull selects a numbered pumpkin and then is awarded the corresponding bottle of wine.
*For the safety of our animals pets, plastic lids or straws, glass containers, alcoholic beverages, grills and balloons of any kind will not be permitted into the Oklahoma City Zoo. For the safety of our guests, radios or boomboxes, skateboards, roller skates, Heelys or other wheeled shoes, inline or roller blades, frisbees, bicycles and other sports equipment are not allowed. Firearms are prohibited on Zoo grounds. Strobe lights may not be used around animal areas.
By state law, smoking is not permitted in zoological parks, including electronic cigarettes or vaping devices. Please refrain from smoking on Zoo grounds or parking lot.
This event would not be possible without our presenting sponsors: