ZOOtroop - Applications have closed for 2021!
ZOOtroop is a young professionals' organization dedicated to volunteering and assisting the Oklahoma Zoological Society in supporting the Oklahoma City Zoo in its mission to be Oklahoma's premier destination connecting people and our world's vanishing wildlife and wild places. Its members bring creativity, energy, and a spirit of celebration to the Zoo and the Oklahoma Zoological Society.
The mission of ZOOtroop is to engage young professionals in the future of the Oklahoma Zoological Society and Oklahoma City Zoo.
ZOOtroop first began in January 2012 with eight dedicated and enthusiastic members. Today, the organization continues to grow with over 20 members. The young professionals group strives to raise conservation awareness and support ZOOfriends and the Oklahoma City Zoo as volunteers for numerous events and projects.
Are you a young professional passionate about the well-being of our animals and planet?
Each year a number of positions become available in our young professionals group. We strive to find young professionals who are passionate about volunteering, wild life, conservation, our planet and the OKC Zoo. Join an astonishing group and participate in volunteer workdays, behind-the-scene experiences, event volunteering and expand your circle of friends and contacts!
ZOOtroop Member Requirements
- Must be between the ages of 21-35 at the time of application
- Must be able to attend 70% of ZOOtroop meetings
- Pay annual dues of $150
- Serve minimum two (2) year term (terms begin July each year)
- Passionate about volunteering, wild life, conservation, our planet and the OKC Zoo
ZOOtroop Application Process
- The 2021 application is now over! The deadline to apply is June 15 so apply today!
- Results will be communicated no later than July 1.
- Applications are evaluated based on completeness, community involvement, relevant skills and experience, level of interest and strength of recommendation letters
- Must have two (2) letters of recommendation
- Members are selected by a committee designated by the OZS Executive Director in conjunction with the ZOOtroop elected officers.
For questions regarding ZOOtroop please e-mail ZOOfriends or call 405-425-0613.