ZOOfriends Membership Associate (Part Time)
The Membership Associate handles the admission desk at the ZOOfriends Membership Office, which is located in the Oklahoma City Zoo. This part time position is responsible for welcoming guests, answering questions, phone calls, and providing information about memberships, events, and the OKC Zoo. It is important that our guests feel welcome and excited about being members at the OKC Zoo. Other primary responsibilities include point of sale transactions for admissions, memberships, and event registrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Enthusiastically greet and acknowledge every member, give full attention to requests and comments, and respond appropriately.
• Proactively stay informed about OZS and the Zoo’s calendar of events, event registrations, current promotions, regular admission prices as well as special pricing for a given day and membership pricing, levels and benefits to provide this information to guests and encourage them to be part of all the exciting activities at the Zoo.
• Accurate completion of daily cash registers forms.
• Recognize and resolve member concerns and communicate their requests and comments to management.
• Maintain neat and orderly work and office areas.
• Any other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the position.
EdUcation and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of customer service experience.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
• Computer skills in MS Office Suite, point-of-sales, and other purposes.
• Knowledge of standard office administration practices and procedures.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Communicate appropriately with team members and members.
• Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Read, count, and write to accurately complete all sales and documentation.
• Handle and count cash accurately.
• Use logic and reason to identify solutions to problems encountered.
• Provide courteous and informative customer service to members.
• Work varied hours/days, including weekends and holidays, or as member attendance dictates such as during special events.
• Process sales transactions through ACME and Altru POS software.
• Able to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of organization’s products/services
• Cash and other tender type handling and reconciliation
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to sit for extended periods.
• Must be able to bend, stoop and squat on occasions.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to traverse uneven terrain.
This part time, non-exempt position earns $12.00/hour.
*You will be contacted only if considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.